Colorless monoclinic crystal or white powder. Without deliquescence, it is stable in the air. Low solubility in water, the solubility decreases with increasing temperature. Solubility in cold water is greater than hot water. It is Soluble in dilute acid, insoluble in alcohol and acetone.
• Glasses derived from lithium carbonate are useful in ovenware.
• Lithium carbonate is a common ingredient in both low-fire and high-fire ceramic glaze.
• Its alkaline properties are conducive to changing the state of metal oxide colorants in glaze particularly red iron oxide (Fe2O3).
• Cement sets more rapidly when prepared with lithium carbonate, and is useful for tile adhesives.
• When added to aluminium trifluoride, it forms LiF which gives a superior electrolyte for the processing of aluminium.
• It is also used in the manufacture of most lithium-ion battery cathodes, which are made of lithium cobalt oxide.
1. Store in a dry and ventilated place, pay attention to rain and water immersion.
2. Three-in-one composite bag lined with plastic bag, 25kg/bag; or fiberboard drum package, 25kg/barrel. Store in a cool, dry, ventilated place.
3. Do not touch with acid objects.