Mandelic acid is an aromatic alpha hydroxy acid with the molecular formula C6H5CH(OH)CO2H.
It is a white crystalline solid that is soluble in water and polar organic solvents. It is a useful precursor to various drugs.
Since the molecule is chiral, it exists in either of two enantiomers as well as the racemic mixture, known as paramandelic acid.
Mandelic acid has a long history of use in the medical community as an antibacterial, particularly in the treatment of urinary tract infections.
It has also been used as an oral antibiotic, and as a component of 'chemical face peels', along with other alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs).
2.used in herbicides
1. 16-year experience in Phytochemicals
2. Have agents in 13 countries
3. Certified by ISO 9001:2008 quality management system
4. Leader Supplier of Botanical Reference Materials in China
5. Stable supplier of pharmaceutical raw material of Huperzine A
6. 3000 kinds of Botanical Reference Materials in more than 50 categories
7. Sub laboratory of TCM reference standard preparation, National Engineering Laboratory